Please join WCVB Anchor Erika Tarantal at Muscle Team 2018 on Thursday, February 8th at The Westin Boston Waterfront hotel.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association welcomes guests, including some of Boston’s top athletes and favorite sports legends, for this important annual fundraising event. Enjoy a VIP reception, cocktails, live entertainment, silent auction, and an incredible dinner program where sports stars put their muscle behind local children as they fight back against neuromuscular disease.
Line up for the event:
5:30 – 6:30 PM: VIP reception with MDA buddies & athletes
*Private event; athlete meet and greet open only to
sponsors committing to MVP level or higher
6:00 – 7:15 PM: Cocktails & Silent Auction
(VIPs join this reception at 6:30)
7:30 PM: Dinner Program
8:00 PM: Summer Camp Auction
For more information call 508.898.3375 or
send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What muscle team is all about:
– Muscle Team is about strength—the strength of a community united to end muscular dystrophy, the strength it takes to battle a muscle disease, particularly as a child, and the strength that happens when athletes, sponsors, and MDA families come together to fight back. One team, one dream, a cure.
– The event is a sports-oriented fundraising dinner. Over 450 guests are expected to attend this year’s event, representing Boston’s commercial real estate, construction, legal, and financial communities.
– Past auction items have included autographed sports memorabilia, vacation getaways across the country and to the Caribbean, tickets to sporting events, high-end gift baskets, and restaurant gift certificates.
– A select number of local children have been nominated for recognition at the event and will serve as MDA Buddies to represent the 2,000 families that MDA serves in the state of Massachusetts. -Last year’s event raised a net total of $ 300,000 for MDA’s local programs and services, including clinical care centers, research, public health education and seminars, equipment loan closets, and summer camps for kids.
– Participating in the event gives you the opportunity to inspire and give hope to a child fighting a difficult diagnosis of muscular dystrophy or another form of muscle disease.
– Past athletes attending include Robert Parish, Ray Bourque, Troy Brown, Matt Light, Steve DeOssie, Adam McQuaid, and more! See all the updates at www.muscleteamboston.com.
– Muscle Team is a volunteer-driven event run by a committee of dedicated leaders from the Greater Boston community who are committed to ending muscle disease.